The Bucks County SPCA is seeking two part-time Clinic Veterinary Assistants who will help maintain the clinic’s cleanliness and readiness for animal medical care. This person will work under the guidance of the Clinic Manager to complete tasks that will enable the veterinarian and technicians to focus their time on animal medical care. These tasks will include assisting the Veterinarian and Clinic Technicians with basic animal care and husbandry, maintaining clinic cleanliness, stocking supplies, and preparing surgical packs. This position is approximately 8-16 hours per week and will be ideal for anyone interested in learning more about veterinary care in an animal shelter environment. 1 part-time position at Lahaska and 1 at Quakertown.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES
- Prepare instruments for surgery, including sterilizing surgical and examination tools
- Maintain medical supplies in stock
- Maintain a clean and sanitary medical facility
- Clean, feed/care for animals housed in the clinic area
- Assist clinic technician with morning medication duties as needed
- Communicate proactively, openly, positively, and regularly with the Veterinarian, Clinic Manager, Clinic Technicians, Shelter Supervisor, Shelter Manager, and other staff as appropriate
- Performs all job duties in an efficient, positive, helpful manner with good internal customer service to staff and volunteers.
- Participates in and promotes BCSPCA safety programs.
- Willingly assists public in all aspects of BCSPCA programs. Shares information to enhance the public’s knowledge of animal welfare, as well as their knowledge of the BCSPCA’s mission and policies in a helpful, positive, and timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain a good rapport with public and peers
- Ability to take direction and work consistently with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills including self-motivation and reliability
- Ability to work in a positive manner in a team environment to assure all BCSPCA goals are met
- Mid-level computer skills and use of standard office equipment
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs with assistance
- Ability to work standing for 8 or more hours
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team