In the depths of the depression the BCSPCA was counting new members and receiving help from the community for its work. Mr. and Mrs. David Fell presented a new animal ambulance in 1930. Establishment of a Pet Memorial helped fund the work. In the early 1930s, BCSPCA built its new facility in Lahaska in the center of the County, expanding its work to include the sheltering and placement of animals. Educational work was conducted in the schools and through groups of young people throughout the county.